Last Update: 12-25-2019
This website offered for you, the user, acknowledges and holds your acceptance, without modification of the following terms, conditions, and notifications. Your use of this website constitutes your express agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notifications. Any of the rights not expressly granted herein are specifically reserved.
Please read the following carefully to understand the Site’s views and practices regarding your personal data and the manner of how rjohnsonartist.com will treat it.
Limitation on Liability
By using the site, you acknowledge that R. Johnson specifically disclaims any liability. This includes contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages arising out of, or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site. Even if R. Johnson has been advised of the possibility of such damages, including, but not limited to, liability associated with any viruses, which may infect a user’s computer equipment, R. Johnson explicitly deny the responsibilities.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained or provided through the use of the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, or loss of data, that results from the use, download or provision of any such material.
Except to the extent required by applicable law, R. Johnson will not be liable for the unavailability or failure to operate all or any part of the service or system on the access, viewership, or use of the Site.
Limitation on Your Usage
You may not modify or copy, distribute, license, transmit, reproduce, disseminate, display, transfer, sell, or offer for sale any information, material, product, or service viewed on or obtained from the Site without express permission. Procedures of prosecution regarding any of these actions will extend to the fullest degree of the law.
Information Collected and Use of that Information
From time to time, including when using the Site, you may be asked to provide certain information by which you may be identified: such as your name, title, address, organization name, telephone number, e-mail address, and any similar information by which or with which you might be identified. In this document, this information is “Personal Information.” You may decline to provide this Personal Information, but you may thereby be unable to register or participate in activities or opportunities offered on the Site.
For the purpose for which it provides: If you give information for a specific purpose, rjohnsonartist.com will use it for that purpose.
The Site would like to use Personal Information in certain ways, and they are as follows:
Information the Site May Collect from You
The Site may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes, without limitation, your first name, last name and email address provided at the time of subscribing to the provided newsletter service. The Site may also ask you for information from time to time (for example, if rjohnsonartist.com runs any competitions when you enter such competition), and when you report a problem with the site. If you contact the Site, it may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of visits to the Site: Including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
- To contact you about the Site. The Site would like to be able to contact you from time to time to provide you with information about rjohnsonartist.com or request your input about rjohnsonartist.com about ways in which it can improve.
- To inform you about the Site’s information, developments, events, services, and opportunities. The Site would like to be able to contact you and send you information about its activities, products, and services, which the Site hopes you might be interested.
- Necessary disclosure of this Personal Information. The Site may disclose Personal Information to third parties as required by law, as deem necessary or appropriate (such as pursuant to subpoena or court order). The Site may need to disclose Personal Information when required by law wherein that such action is necessary or reasonable to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on specific grounds. The Site may also disclose Personal Information to third parties in discretion if determined such disclosure is advisable to help avoid harm to persons or property.
- Non-personal Information. The Site may use and disclose to others information about you and your use of the Site by which you are not identified, such as the type of browser you use; the files you request; the URL and geographic location from which you request information. Also, the URL that you came from and go to; and similar information; and information compiled in the form of statistical, demographic, or aggregated information about visitors generally to the Site. This information provided in this document refers as “Non-personal Information.”
Information Regarding Cookies
Like many online services, the Site may use a feature called a cookie. A cookie is a small data file (used for record-keeping purposes at many websites) that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
The Site uses the cookies (including some provided to rjohnsonartist.com through online analytics services such as Google Analytics) and other automatically tracked information to track visitors to the Site to analyze performance and usage of the Site in order to develop the Site in accordance with visitors’ requirements.
Web Log Files
Like most website administrators, rjohnsonartist.com uses log files that record information such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and page navigation. The Site gathers this information to track website visitor movement collectively and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. The goal of gathering this information is to learn how the visitors and the public are using the Site and its services.
Where the Site Stores Your Personal Data
Uses Made of the Information
The Site uses information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that present content from the Site is in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with newsletters or any other information or services that you request from the Site from time to time.
- To inform you about changes to the Site.
Only where you have consented for contacting, the Site may also use your data or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services, which may be of interest to you. The Site may contact you about these services via email. If at any time, you wish to stop receiving the newsletter or any marketing communications (if any), you may unsubscribe by clicking on the link contained in any newsletter you receive via email.
Children and Minors
The Site encourages parents and guardians to monitor and participate in their children’s online activities. Users should not submit information to the Site if under 13 years of age. Not allowed are users under 13 years old to register for newsletters.
If applicable, the Site may ask you to indicate your age to verify compliance with these policies. The Site does not knowingly collect information from users under 13 years of age or provide any personally identifying information from such users to any third party. The Site is not responsible for users known to be under 13 years of age to receive marketing communications or from third parties over which the Site has no control.
No Personal Information about or from children (13 years old or under) should be provided on the Site give that the Site is not for children. If you are a minor, please secure the permission and guidance of your parents or guardian before using the Site.
Links to Other Sites
The Site may have or add links to third party sites. Such linked sites are not under the control of the Site and the Site is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements contained on any such linked sites. Access to any other website linked to this Site is at your own risk. The Site has not reviewed all the sites linked to itself. The Site provides these links merely as affiliate marketing, social convenience, and an extension for additional information and the inclusion of such links does not imply an endorsement by rjohnsonartist.com of such third-party sites or any goods or services offered by such third parties.
Please be aware that once you leave the Site and enter another website, you may be subject to different privacy practices and policies over which rjohnsonartist.com has no control and for which rjohnsonartist.com is not responsible. Please use prudence in utilizing such links and in disclosing any personal information on those sites. Any information you share with these websites is subject to their policies and practices and is independent of rjohnsonartist.com.
Ownership of Information
All opinions, ideas, suggestions, and other feedback submitted to the Site may be used by the Site without any restriction and free of charge, and nothing contained in this policy shall limit or otherwise affect this.
Disclosure of your Information
The Site may disclose your Personal Information to Third Parties:
- If the Site sells or buys any business or assets, in which case the Site may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If a third party acquires the Site or substantially all its assets, in which case personal data held by it regarding its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If the Site is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, the users of the Site, or others.
Applicable Law and Venue
Regardless of where you live and/or work to access the Site, the laws of the State of Maryland will govern this policy and disclaimer agreement, or any information on the Site, and your relationship with rjohnsonartist.com. By using the Site, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts in the State of Maryland in any matter related to the use or contents of the Site.
Contacting the Website
This site is exclusively owned and operated by R. Johnson. All creative works and publishing rights © R. Johnson. Paintings, illustrations, drawings, designs, and all other forms of artwork and related works are ™ and © R. Johnson, unless otherwise noted herein. All rights reserved.
Visit R. Johnson's author site at: www.rjohnsonauthor.com